OK, so this is my first blog. So I'm going to follow the criteria in this assignment.
1) I enjoy music, listening to it, playing it, and creating it on rare occasion. I particularly enjoy Hard Rock and Metal. I'm kind of embarrassed about it but having been have been slowly coming out, so to speak, to to everyone I associate with. Which brings me to my next interest. I have lots of things that I like that I think are embarrassing so I thought it would be funny to have a blog about my guilty pleasures, such as liking Kettle Corn. It's a total chick treat. So that's guilty pleasure number 1.
2) My discipline, Social Studies, to me just simply that I simply enjoy it. Especially history. I like stories and history has one or two.
3) What drew me to teaching this is what I said above. History has cool stories. I feel bad when people say they hate history. That means they have/had a poor teacher, I'm pretty sure that everyone likes a good movie like Apollo 13, The Great Escape, or Schindler's List. So I hope to make a small pocket of the earth like history.
4) Hopefully this blog is related to my discipline, but also entertaining to read. That's what I hope for in my teaching, that it stimulates learning, and that it doesn't suck.

You have done a very good job coming out Rusty. You seem much more comfortable with Iron Maiden than you did last semester. Props to you! You are right about your name though too, I don't want rust...obviously we were meant to be history teachers cause we have awesome names! I feel the same way about teaching though. I want my class to be entertaining, not one that sucks the life out of everyone in it!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I love the Snuggie picture...priceless!
ReplyDelete