I love Snuggies

Friday, September 23, 2011

Social Studies Blogs

http://reitzhistory.blogspot.com/
I thought this one was cool because it was history about the school this teacher was teaching at. Students can look at this as a form of there text for this unit, if that is what they are learning about. This could potentially, if done right, eliminate some of the need for pricey textbooks. A teacher can make his/her own text. This one has cool primary sources about the students' own high school. I had never thought of a blog that way before.

http://worldhistoryeducatorsblog.blogspot.com/
This blog is geared more toward teachers. It has great ideas on how to teach subjects. It shares materials and lesson plans and even points out some really great media items such as videos that a classroom might enjoy looking at. It also suggests online study groups for your students. This might even be the blog itself. Teaching is overwhelming sometimes, especially for new teachers. This gives you ideas so you aren't reinventing the wheel so to speak.

http://historyiselementary.blogspot.com/
This is another blog for social studies teachers. It's m=funny but there was a small section where this blogger wrote a little poem to, what sounded to me, was to psyche out any other teacher that might be reading the blog. He/she wants to pump teachers up for the school year. Again this gives links for maps and documents that would be potentially helpful in the classroom and ideas for teaching it. As well as cool old photos.

The two RSS blogs I am following are http://www.besthistorysites.net/index.php/19-about/79-welcome and
http://www.ahistoryteacher.com/wordpress/?p=297.

1 comment:

  1. I know you're probably doing this for your other class, but I still think it's neat.

    ReplyDelete