I love Snuggies

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Concept Attainment

Concept Attainment
I'd like to do this during a WWI lesson on propaganda.
1. The artifacts would be a whole slew of propaganda, which is super cool. Posters and songs.
2. Students would then look at the common themes in the artifacts. Looking for what they are trying to get you to feel, think, believe, or act to.
3. I'd have each of them to come up with a definition independently before bringing it to the whole class and really hammering out a good one. There would be time to reflect on how they came to their definitions.
4. They'd then use a website like piktochart, prezi, or the like to create their own propaganda posters.

Another idea to use this would be in my guitar class. I would follow the same model above, but I would use types of chords. Introduce examples and no examples of major and minor chords. Students would hypothesize as to what makes the chord sound different from one another.  We'd then talk about how flattening the 3rd by a half step in creates a minor chord. I'd get out ipads and let them record chord progressions they creating utilizing these chords, with garage band.

No comments:

Post a Comment