I love Snuggies

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Inquiry Model

Scientific Method of Inquiry
One way I could use this method is in my WWI unit. I'd like to ask them about propaganda that was used, specifically by the British. Ask how it was used then have them write down there thoughts. Then we'd look at some examples and evaluate what the purposes of the specific examples were. Based on that we would assess there original ideas on how it was used, what did they get right, what was off he mark. Then discuss how they came up with their findings. I like the idea of doing this in small groups.

5 E's
I'd likely use a story with a nice twist at the end to get students attention. A cool operation from WWII would be fun. I would probably present it as a mystery that needs to be solved and ask them questions to guide them to possible solutions. This would be fun as the whole class. I could then bring it back to WWII and ask how that might have affected the outcome of the war, using inquiry again.


No comments:

Post a Comment