I love Snuggies
Saturday, July 21, 2018
Inductive Model
Inductive
1Introduce the idea of movement in history. I would use more examples from history and about immigration. Then have them look at the artifacts
2 Sort the artifacts into categories of their choosing. They will need to be able to explain there categories. I would love to do this digitally, put the artifacts in padlet or something that they can manipulate them on an Ipad or chromebook.
3 For the inductive phase, I will ask questions to get them to think about the topic that I have in mind. In this case, i want them to understand urbanization in during the Gilded Age. We will go through specific relationships between the artifacts to point us toward urbanization.
4 During the closure phase we would pick a push or pull factor of cities and try to reorganize artifacts this way.
5 Students will be city planners and try to highlight a pull factor or fix a push factor.
Integrative
For this model I would use the Dictators of WWII. During Phase one I would put them into groups and give each group a packet with a snippet about each dictators. The students will look for patterns and similarities and differences. Probably a Venn diagram. During Phase 2 I have them fill out the graphic organizer and explain their similarities and differences, urging them to look a bit deeper. During phase 3 they could hypothesize on how WWII would have been different if any of the leaders had been killed, deposed, or won. Then in phase 4 they make generalization about the dictators and infer what will happen based on what they've learned about them. During this phase I would assign each group a different dictator and have them creat a digital portfolio for them in prezi or google slides that will be shared with the class.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment