For my students, I don't know that I would use an online lesson like was outlined in this module. Definitely not for them to do at home. My students often times don't have access to technology outside of class, and are even court ordered not to have it. However, where I could use it is during our FLEX period. I would be interested in using it more as a form of remediation. That way I could monitor their electronic usage and be able to help them if they get stuck or have questions.
Personally I liked the Hyperdoc version better. It just seemed much simpler and succinct for the students to engage in and complete. Not just for students but it also seems more user friendly for teachers. I would like to poke around with this.
I'm interested in using the Hyperdoc in a flipped classroom model. Although I wouldn't be able to send them home with the assignment, I could use this in class. The engage section of the template could be a video that they watch at he beginning of class. I'd specifically like to try this with something like the Holocaust. I use lots of images and text documents when I teach this that I could easily incorporate into the Explore section. For apply I'd have them piece together a story of someone that was in one of the camps then they would share their story with the class.
I hope that me applying this to my situation and not doing it exclusively online works.
No comments:
Post a Comment